“The Challenge of Completing 401 Water Quality Certifications,” part of the Water Quality Issues 3-Part Webinar Series hosted by the Building Industry Association of Southern California and the California Building Industry Association.
The panel will feature the following industry experts:
- Sean Maguire, Board Member, State of California Water Resources Control Board
- Mary Lynn Coffee, Partner, Nossaman LLP
- David Ivester, Partner, Briscoe, Ivester, and Bazel, LLP
- S. Keith Garner, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Martin Rasnick, Principal/Senior Regulatory Specialist, Glenn Lukos Associates
During this presentation, the speakers will discuss the following:
- Regional challenges processing 401 Water Quality Certifications, working across California with nine different Regional Water Quality Control Boards
- Case study examples
- Examination of both public and private projects requiring 410 Water Quality Certifications and the challenges faced by public agencies, as well as private landowners and managers, to obtain approval
- How to reduce processing times and increase efficiency of the technical review necessary to obtain approvals
- How the new state procedures and regulations for wetland and riparian areas are impacting 401 Water Quality Certifications
Obtaining a 401 Water Quality Certification is one of the most complex regulatory procedures any property owner or manager must do. This virtual seminar highlights five of the most talented professionals working in public and private property and land development in California today.
For more information about this webinar series or to register, please click here.