On May 21st at 11am join WaterNow Alliance and Maddaus Water Management for our Urban Water Management Plans: 101 webinar. The 2020 Urban Water Management Plans from urban water suppliers serving more than 3,000 customers or supplying more than 3,000 acre-feet of water annually are due July 1, 2021.
Aimed at urban water suppliers that may be new to drafting UWMPs or would like a refresher on the fundamentals, the webinar will cover UWMP basics, provide an update on the status of DWR’s next UWMP Guidebook, clarify recent changes to UWMP requirements following enactment of California’s “Conservation as a Way of Life” legislative bills SB 606 and AB 1668, including new Water Shortage Contingency Plans and Water Supply and Demand Assessments, and arm attendees with a detailed plan of action to keep on track to meet the July 1 deadline on time.
Stay tuned for Urban Water Management Plans: 201 that will take a deeper dive into crafting specific UWMP sections, creating a plan designed to make the most efficient use of water in your service area, and ways to ensure that plan is fully vetted through required public outreach to community stakeholders.
- Provide a high-level overview of the UWMP Act and recent changes in light of recent drought and the new Conservation as a Way of Life legislation (SB 606/AB 1668).
- Leverage experience from the 2015 UWMPs to provide new insights into this round, including lessons learned from 2015, to be applied when making 2020 updates.
- Summarize key changes to the 2020 UWMP requirements, dates to be aware of, and definitions to look out for.
- Increase awareness of the months-long requirement for stakeholder input.
- Provide actionable next steps and recommended timelines for teams updating their UWMPs to follow.
Who Should Attend:
- Utility Management
- Conservation Staff
- Water Resource Planners and Engineers