The Central Valley Salinity Coalition (CVSC) is hosting a live webinar for permitted dischargers, consultants, and other parties interested in salinity management in the Central Valley. The webinar will provide an opportunity to learn firsthand from the people who developed new nitrate and salinity permitting requirements approved by the Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board (Central Valley Water Board).
NOTE: If you have recently received a Salinity Notice to Comply, this webinar will provide valuable information about your available compliance options.
Webinar topics include:
- An overview of the CV-SALTS program
- Salt control compliance options available for permittees
- Salinity studies and management options
- Fee structure
- Q & A
The following technical considerations may be discussed:
- Salinity costs and impacts
- Regulatory challenges
- CV-SALTS program
- Salinity control permitting requirements
- Conservative vs. Alternative permitting approaches
- Short-term vs. long-term salt management strategies