About this Event
The Center for Scientific Evidence in Public Issues is an initiative of the American Association for the Advancement of Science that makes clear, concise and actionable scientific evidence available to decision-makers as they act on pressing local issues, including clean water. Green infrastructure is gaining momentum as a stormwater management solution, and there is a growing body of evidence on how GSI can sustainably, affordably, and resiliently manage urban stormwater runoff. To make this information accessible to local water leaders, a primary effort for EPI Center is to build a compendium of evidence-based GSI information designed to inform local stormwater management decisions.
As part of this work, in this free webcast we will:
- Foster a peer discussion between communities already down the road of using green stormwater infrastructure and cities interested in GSI but have not yet begun implement at scale;
- Gather decision-makers’ insights into the types of scientific and evidentiary resources they need to advance green infrastructure as a core stormwater management tool in their community.
Participants in this interactive virtual event will engage with our featured stormwater practitioners and EPI Center staff in a facilitated discussion moderated by WaterNow’s Director of Utility Relations, Walt Wadlow.
- Tyler Antrup, Director of Planning & Strategy, Sewerage and Water Board of New Orleans
- James MacAdam, Superintendent, Public Information and Conservation, Tucson Water
- Additional speakers to be announced