If a rate study is on the horizon for your utility, you need a plan that aligns financial, legal and political strategies for a success. This workshop will help you develop a sustainable financial plan and conduct cost of service analyses to create the rate changes your utility needs. Implementing a rate change that your policy-makers support and your customers accept can be a challenge. Our workshops include legal and public relations experts so you can identify potential barriers and issues and navigate toward successful rate adoption. Raftelis’ rate workshops focus on our unique California political and legal environment. You’ll learn how to develop sustainable financial plans, create rate structures that are defensible and understand best practices to get rates adopted.
Come learn from industry experts who will show you how to:
- Generate sufficient revenue with uncertain sales projections
- Lay out a step-by-step approach to developing defensible, cost of service-based rates
- Document defensible rates in an associated administrative record
- Understand the legal requirements of Propositions 218 and 26
- Develop communications strategies and community outreach tactics to line up support for and acceptance of rate changes
Workshops will be led by Sanjay Gaur, Vice President at Raftelis, the nation’s largest utility financial and management consulting practice. Sanjay has 20+ years of water and wastewater rate-setting experience with agencies throughout California. All sessions will feature Lutfi Kharuf of Best, Best & Krieger (BB&K). One of California’s most well-known experts on ratemaking law, Kharuf works with public agencies on bond and municipal finance matters, rate setting and compliance with Propositions 218 and 26, and drought management and water conservation programs.
Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Questions: Shaida Stuffler, 818-634-6913 or Shaida.Stuffler@Stantec.com