1416 9th Street
Secretary Speaker Series
Stewarding the Sierra Nevada Amidst Climate Change
Note: This segment will also be live streamed on YouTube and recorded for later viewing.
The Sierra Nevada Region faces environmental, social, and economic challenges from climate change. If not addressed at the source, Regional impacts will flow down from the mountains and impact all of California. Secretary Crowfoot along with scientists, Sierra Nevada business experts, and community leaders discuss a path forward to ensure the well-being of the Region and all Californians who depend on its resources.
- Wade Crowfoot, Secretary, California Natural Resources Agency
- Angela Avery, Executive Officer, Sierra Nevada Conservancy
- Hugh Safford, Regional Ecologist, U.S. Forest Service Pacific Southwest Research Station
- Steve Frisch, President, Sierra Business Council
- Stacy Corless, Sierra Nevada Conservancy Board Vice Chair and Mono County Supervisor
- Henry McCann, Research Associate, PPIC Water Policy Center
A Roadmap to Resilience
Introducing the Tahoe-Central Sierra Initiative (TCSI) Resilience Framework, Assessment, and Blueprint
Climate resilience is on the minds of state policy makers, land managers, and community leaders alike. Today, the TCSI science teams are introducing methods that can inform how decisionmakers prioritize work and target investment to achieve resilience across the 2.4 million acre Tahoe-Central Sierra area and beyond.
- Pat Manley, Research Program Manager, U.S. Forest Service Pacific Southwest Research Station
- Kristen Wilson, Ecologist, The Nature Conservancy
- Dan Porter, California Forests Project Director, The Nature Conservancy
- Becky Estes, Central Sierra Province Ecologist, U.S. Forest Service